McCarthy River Tours & Outfitters (MRTO), the leader in Single & Multi Day River Trips and Glacier Hiking in McCarthy, Alaska & Wrangell St. Elias National Park, is seeking First Year Adventure Guide Interns.
This position is designed for folks who are interested in getting in to the outdoor industry but lack the professional experience to step into a guiding position. Cold water, remoteness and distance from definitive care, guiding in Alaska requires skills and experience beyond requirements in warmer climates. Our intern program is designed to bring you on board and give you on the job training. You’ll begin the season in a support roll, learning essential knowledge about the rivers, local history, field & shop repairs, equipment maintenance, customer service and other essential skills for Alaska guiding.
Successful interns begin shadowing guides on glacier hikes and kayak/SUP trips & safety by mid season. Interns that are self-motivated, show a quick understanding of guiding skills & reading water and are safety & guest oriented will also shadow guide on single & multi day river trips. This program is tailored to prepare you for a full time day adventure guiding position your second season.
Want to know more about our employee experience? Read More about what makes us the premier adventure employer in McCarthy, Alaska & Wrangell St Elias National Park.
We seek order cheap ultram online organized, professional, self motivated candidates who can demonstrate competence in the following areas;
- Clean & Maintain Company Gear
- Gear Repair including drysuit gasket replacement, crampon repair, boat patching, etc.
- Office shifts
- In town and long distance river shuttles
- Shadow Day Trips
- Improvement Projects
- Valid US Drivers License
- CPR and first aid certification (non online)
- Good work ethic
- Desire to learn
- Team first mentality
Additional Application Information
- Please submit your resume & cover letter online.
- We are a small company, consisting of 7-10 employees in peak season and 2-3 part time roles in the off-season
- This is a seasonal position with full time work from May 10 through the first Monday in September, there is additional end of season employment through September 15th with end of season bonus
- We can accommodate varying availability schedules but give preference to applicants able to work the entire season
- First year guides are discouraged from bringing pets, we can consider exceptions on a case by case basis and solely at the discretion of the hiring manager
- We ask for a 2 year minimum commitment from all new staff for training and to maintain a quality experience for our guests from season to season
- Please thoroughly check out our website to learn more about us
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call