Cabins, Yurt, and Campground Lodging Options in McCarthy Alaska
Finding great lodging options in McCarthy Alaska can often be the most difficult part of planning your McCarthy trip. We have you covered with a variety of lodging options. Comfortable cabins with glacier views, riverside yurts, and large, quiet campsites for RV’s and tents. Discounts are available when you book Yurt or Cabin accommodations and activities together.
Kennicott River Lodge
Located just before the end of McCarthy Road, Kennicott River Lodge is the ultimate Adventure Lodging Destination in McCarthy. Being located on the roadside of the Kennicott River means you can drive right up to your accommodation while still being close enough to walk into the historic area of town, check out the museum or grab a bite to eat at The Potato. We also hold our pre-launch Multi-Day trip meetings here, so if you are booked on one of our awesome Multi-Day trips, it doesn’t get any easier than staying at the lodge!
Kennicott River Lodge Amenities
- 5 cabins with different sleeping arrangements to accommodate your party
- 1 well Appointed Yurt
- A Main Lodge “Suite” with private deck and bathroom facilities located just downstairs.
- Large shared kitchen for preparing your own meals
- Sauna rental available for private parties
- Jaw-dropping views of the Kennicott & Root Glaciers as well as the mile-high Stairway Icefall
- Large firepit and outdoor social area
- BBQ Grill
- Shared Showers and Bathrooms
- As the Glacier Melts Ice Cream & Espresso Café!
Kennicott Riverside Campground
Our relaxing riverside campground is located just 4 miles by road from the Kennicott River footbridge. Located on a peaceful side channel of the Kennicott River, the site offers phenomenal panoramic views of the Wrangell and Chugach mountains to compliment the melodic sound of the river.
Limited Level RV sites, as well as tent sites, are located across the property. Our camp is designed to be private and cozy, giving you and your group your own private space to enjoy Wrangell St Elias National Park.
RV and Campsite Amenities
- Firepit at every site
- Riverside Picnic Tables
- 360-degree views of Wrangell St Elias National Park
- Access to Day trip Take-Out/Multi-Day Put-in for private river parties
- Riverside Shower House with purchase
- Free day parking at our office by the footbridge
Please give us a call to reserve your tent or RV spot