Copper River Rafting Expeditions – 7 Days
On this tour you will witness soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls and glaciers that calve directly into the mighty river! We start the journey in the small Alaskan town of Chitina and float for 7 days until we reach our take out on the Copper River Highway a short drive from Cordova. The Copper River is Alaskan wilderness on its grandest scale. Wild and remote, this trip offers first class chances to spot grizzly bears grazing on wild berries or hunting the side creeks for those prized Copper River salmon. Eagle sightings along the River corridor are second to none, along with close up viewings of seals that swim upstream in pursuit of salmon.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
The Copper Expedition is considered a Moderate trip for those adventurers looking to journey a little further into the Alaskan Bush. Great for folks with previous river experience or newcomers with an increased desire for adventure. Incredible chances to spot wildlife, very remote, and up to class 3+ whitewater with large volume and braided river channels.
Chitina to the Copper River Highway takeout near Cordova
- Rafting one of Alaska’s Classic Scenic Rivers
- Glaciers that calve into the River
- Waterfalls & wildlife in large numbers
- Traveling the old route of the Copper River Northwestern Railroad
- Gourmet Meal Plan that includes locally sourced Meats & Veggies
- Highest Quality Group River Gear in the Wrangell Mountains
- Experience a premier wildlife corridor – This is the best trip to spot eagles, bears, and seals!
- Expert guides
- Personal floatation device (PFD)
- River shoes
- Food from lunch day one until take-out day
- Group gear (kitchen, group shelter, river toilet, etc.)
- All bush plane flights
- Tents assigned on double occupancy. You may request a private tent for an additional cost.
- Lodging pre/post river
- Pre and post trip transportation
- Transport to Glennallen and from Cordova
- All Items Listed on our Packing List
- STURDY WATER BOTTLE!
- Adventurous Spirit
- Any Medications you may require plus 2 days extra in case of delays
- Gratuity for your Guide (10-20% of trip cost is recommended)
- 6 Day Expedition $2800 Per Person
- 7 Day Expedition: $2950 Per Person
Day 0 - Travel Day
- Arrive in Glennallen
- Mandatory 6pm pre-trip meeting in Glennallen, Alaska
Day 1 - Launch Day
- Shuttle to Chitina Put In.
- Safety Talk and Pre Raft Orientation
- Raft through Woods Canyon.
Day 2 - River Day
- Float past remnants of Copper River Northwestern Railroad.
- Riverside Railroad Tunnel
Day 3 - River Day.
- Large Unnamed Waterfalls
- Camp by "The Peninsula"
Day 4 - River Day & Sand Dunes Day
- 5 Mile Bremner Sand Dunes. Hiking depends on weather conditions.
- Heney Glacier
- Wernicke River
Day 5 - Rapids & Glacier Lake Day
- Abercrombie Rapids
- Miles Glacier & Lake
- Iceberg City
Day 6 - Glaciers & Million Dollar Bridge Day
- Spend time exploring the Childs Glacier viewing area.
- Watch the Childs Glacier calve into the river.
- Walk across the million dollar bridge, an engineering marvel.
Day 7 - Take Out Day
- Float the Copper River Delta
- Shuttle to Cordova