Copper River Rafting Expeditions – 7 Days
Leave the World Behind: Discover the Wild Wonders of Alaska’s Copper River
Flowing through the heart of Alaska’s rugged Chugach Mountains, the Copper River offers a wild adventure that cannot be found anywhere else on earth. Float among icebergs in Miles Lake, watch as eagles and bears search for famous copper river salmon, and feel the power of the Childs Glacier calving into the river!
World Class Wildlife and Exploration Opportunities
The Copper River is Alaskan wilderness on its grandest scale. Journey with us and you’ll have the chance to observe Alaskan wildlife in their natural habitat – soar with bald eagles, glimpse grizzly bears, and meander peacefully past trumpeter swans and seals searching for the famous copper river red salmon. Get hands-on with casual waterfall hikes and take in the 5 mile long Bremner Sand Dunes. Climb upon the narrow trails of the Historic Rail Bed of the Copper River Northwestern Railroad to really experience this amazing land.
Whether you’re a family looking for an adventure, a group of friends after an unforgettable experience or just a couple looking to get away from it all, a Copper River Expedition is the perfect choice. Let us show you what the wilds of Alaska have to offer – it’s an experience you won’t soon forget.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
The Copper Expedition is considered a Moderate trip for those adventurers looking to journey a little further into the Alaskan Bush. Great for folks with previous river experience or newcomers with an increased desire for adventure. Incredible chances to spot wildlife, very remote, and up to class 3+ whitewater with large volume and braided river channels.
2024 Group Tour Dates – 7 Day Expedition
- June 6
- June 18
- July 16
- August 9
- August 27 – September 2 – Northern Lights Float
2024 Group Tour Price – our prices contain no hidden fees, the price here is what you will pay at booking
- 7 Day Expedition: $4175 Per Person
Custom Dates & Pricing Available
- Rafting one of Alaska’s Classic Scenic Rivers
- Glaciers that calve into the River
- Waterfalls & wildlife in large numbers
- Traveling the old route of the Copper River Northwestern Railroad
- Gourmet Meal Plan that includes locally sourced Meats & Veggies
- Highest Quality Group River Gear in the Wrangell Mountains
- Experience a premier wildlife corridor – This is the best trip to spot eagles, bears, and seals!
Copper River Expeditions launch in the small Alaskan town of Chitina and float for 7 days until we reach our take out on the Copper River Highway a short drive from Cordova. Wild and remote, this trip offers first class chances to spot grizzly bears grazing on wild berries or hunting the side creeks for those prized Copper River salmon. Eagle sightings along the River corridor are second to none, along with close up viewings of seals that swim upstream in pursuit of salmon.
- Expert guides
- Personal floatation device (PFD)
- River shoes
- Food from lunch day one until take-out day
- Group gear (kitchen, group shelter, river toilet, etc.)
- All bush plane flights
- Tents assigned on double occupancy. You may request a private tent for an additional cost.
- Sleep Kits (Sleeping Bag, Pad, Pillow)
- Lodging pre/post river
- Pre and post trip transportation
- All Items Listed on our Packing List
- STURDY WATER BOTTLE!
- Adventurous Spirit
- Any Medications you may require plus 2 days extra in case of delays
- Gratuity for your Guide (15-20% of trip cost is recommended)
Day 0 - Travel Day
- Arrive in Glennallen
- Mandatory 6pm pre-trip meeting in Glennallen, Alaska
Day 1 - Launch Day
- Shuttle to Chitina Put In.
- Safety Talk and Pre Raft Orientation
- Raft through Woods Canyon.
Day 2 - River Day
- Float past remnants of Copper River Northwestern Railroad.
- Riverside Railroad Tunnel
Day 3 - River Day.
- Large Unnamed Waterfalls
- Camp by "The Peninsula"
Day 4 - River Day & Sand Dunes Day
- 5 Mile Bremner Sand Dunes. Hiking depends on weather conditions.
- Heney Glacier
- Wernicke River
Day 5 - Rapids & Glacier Lake Day
- Abercrombie Rapids
- Miles Glacier & Lake
- Iceberg City
Day 6 - Glaciers & Million Dollar Bridge Day
- Spend time exploring the Childs Glacier viewing area.
- Watch the Childs Glacier calve into the river.
- Walk across the million dollar bridge, an engineering marvel.
Day 7 - Take Out Day
- Float the Copper River Delta
- Shuttle to Cordova