Custom Alaska Single Day Raft Float & Fly
Book your spot on Alaska’s best single day raft trip!
Raft deep into the heart of Wrangell St Elias National Park on a full day Float & Fly raft adventure and scenic bush plane flight. This private excursion spans over 17 miles of the Kennicott, Nizina and Chitina rivers. Experience the class III whitewater of the splashy Kennicott river and the tight turns of the winding Nizina canyon, enjoy the mellow scenic stretches and spot for wildlife including eagles, moose, & bears. Stop for a fresh prepared riverside lunch, explore wild terrain and look for animal tracks in the wet sand. The trip concludes at the confluence of the Nizina and Chitina rivers where a bush plane will pick us up riverside for a flightseeing tour of the Kennicott Valley.
Enjoy the experience that a private rafting trip provides
Take full advantage of your Alaska vacation and create an unforgettable experience for your group with our full day Float & Fly rafting trip! This is a private trip, so we can select custom start times to avoid any crowds and fully immerse your group in the Alaskan wilderness! Our private bookings can be reserved any day of the summer and are available to launch as early as 7am and as late as 11am. If you are a fan of rafting deep into the Alaskan wilderness and the thrill of a riverside bush plane pick-up for a breathtaking flight back to McCarthy, then this journey is designed with you in mind. Pick-up availability requires confirmation with our air taxi partner, it is best to secure your tour in advance!
Difficulty Level: Moderate
The full day Raft, Paddle & Fly is a moderate trip for those adventurers looking to journey a little further into the Alaskan Bush. This river trip is moderate because you will be paddling and actively participating. You must reserve in advance if your group prefers a Center Rig Oar Boat (your guide rows from the center of the boat and do most of the work. You can paddle or hold on and enjoy the ride!),
Raft 17 miles of river from the headwaters of the Kennicott to the Confluence of the Nizina & Chitina Rivers, deep in the Alaska wilderness
This tour is privately booked, pick your launch time, choose a paddle boat where everyone gets in on the action or select an oar boat to relax a bit more and take in the wilderness as you float downstream.
For your safety from the cold, glacial water, we are the only company that provides full dry-suits for our guests.
- Private Reservations by Tour (Reservation Required)
- Launch Dates Available the last weekend in May through the first weekend in September
- 1 Guest- $1290/Person
- 2 Guests- $715/Person
- 3 Guests- $620/Person
- 4-7 Guests- $465/Person
- 8-12 Guests – $395/Person
- Start in the calm waters of a Glacier Lake and end on the banks of a river deep in the Alaska wilderness
- Raft Class III whitewater, far from any roads.
- Fresh, delicious riverside lunch made by your guides.
- Select a Paddle Boat or Oar Rig, join in the fun or relax and take in the views!
- Private tours mean more time to enjoy time with friends and family
- Local knowledge of the natural & human history of the Kennicott Valley
- Drysuits – Raft Class III Whitewater and relish every splash
- Floatation device
- River shoes
- Expert Guide
- Warm base layers
- Water bottle
- Warm socks
- Snacks/sack lunch
- Gratuity for your guide (10-20% of the trip cost is recommended)
Your group can choose a paddle boat or oar rig for your trip, groups larger than 4 people can choose multiple vessel types
- Paddle Boat – All guests are outfitted with a paddle and sit on the side tube of the boat. In a paddle boat, you are an integral part of the boats “motor.” Your guide calls commands and you work as a team to navigate the river safely
- Oar Boat – While you can have a paddle, your guide is doing most of the work, your job is to relax, ask fun questions and take in the amazing Alaska scenery.
Departure TimeBooked on demand in conjunction with Air Taxi availability
IncludedDrysuitExpert GuideFloatation DeviceHelmetPaddleRiver Shoes
15 minutes prior to trip time - meet up at shop for waivers and trip prep
Gear Orientation & Suit Up
- Drysuit care and wear instruction
- PFD and helmet fitting
- Hike to the lake
Boat & Safety Talk at Glacier Lake
- Short walk from our office to lake
- Safety equipment check & flat water boating safety talk
- Explore the glacier face
- Jump into an ice cold glacier lake in a drysuit
Abbreviated lake tour and launch on the river
- Swiftwater Safety talk
- Safety Equipment check
- PFD tightening
- Helmet Buckle
- Drysuit Zippers
Kennicott and Merge with the Nizina River
- Launch onto the river
- Float out of the lake into classIII whitewater
- Run rapids with names like “land of the giants” “El Diablo” “Ah Shoot” and “Clown Car”