Experience Extraordinary Alaska Rafting Trips in the Untouched Wilderness of Wrangell St. Elias National Park
**Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have suspended our Multi Day operations for the 2020 Season.
We are taking inquiries and reservations for 2021, at this time we expect it to be a very busy summer! In the mean time, stay safe & healthy! We will be ready to adventure with you when the time is right!**
Avoid the crowds at Denali, and join the ranks of adventurers looking for unique, authentic Alaskan wilderness river trips on the breathtaking region of McCarthy Alaska. This little known area, that is only an 8-hour amazingly beautiful drive from Anchorage, is the place to come to for the scenery, wildlife, diversity of rivers and exceptional Alaska adventure that few have experienced so far!
Multi-day River Trips – Your Ticket to Adventure, Connection and Complete Recharging
Ever wondered what it is like to lay in a tent on Alaska wilderness adventures and listen to the river flow past all night? To lose yourself in awe by the sheer beauty that surrounds you? Or to sit silently from the safety of a boat and watch as bears and moose make their way on the river bank? Our overnight and multi-day white water rafting trips immerse you into the untouched Alaskan wilderness and some of the most untamed land in North America.
Download this free 33-Page Guide for:
- A printable packing checklist
- What to expect on a multi-day trip
- The different trips available
- Insider’s FAQs on McCarthy, and more.
Choose the Alaska whitewater rafting adventure that best meets your experience, interest and ages.
To help in your decision making process, we divide our trips up in to three adventure levels. Not sure what’s best for you? Contact us here – we’re glad to help. We know many of our guests are taking their once-in-a-lifetime Alaska adventure vacation. We take very seriously the importance of matching the trip type to your interests and abilities!
Adventure Classic: Ages 8+
These two trips are classic laid-back Alaskan river experiences for families and friends. There is easy access to the rivers and Class 2 whitewater with both large volume and braided river channels. Great for new adventurers to river trips. Lots of wildlife, and the amazing Alaska scenery of the Wrangell St. Elias region.
- Overnight Alaska Rafting: Scenic Raft & Fly 2 Days Trips – Best for those who can’t spend more than 2 days on an Alaska adventure, though you’ll wish you had more time!
- Rivers to Riches Chitina: Rivers to Riches Chitina River Raft 3 and 4 Day Trips – The perfect introduction to the amazing world of Alaska wilderness.
Adventure Enthusiasts: Ages 10+
These trips are for those adventurers looking to journey a little further into the Alaska Bush. Incredible wildlife, more remote, and class 2-3 whitewater, large volume and braided river channels. A step up in whitewater challenge and remoteness from our Adventure Classic trips.
- Upper Nizina River Rafting: Upper Nizina Raft and Hike 4 & 6 Day Trips – Epic scenery is like a painting – 4000 foot cliffs, waterfalls, splits the Wrangell and St. Elias mountain ranges.
- Copper River Rafting: Copper River Ultimate Alaska 6 & 7 Day Trips – The most reliable wildlife views of eagles, bears, salmon and seals. Two glaciers come directly to water level.
Uber Adventurers: Ages 14+ and 18+
These trips are for adventurers experienced on more challenging whitewater who want the ultimate remote, Alaskan wildness whitewater river experience. You’ll go deep in to the Alaskan Backcountry and paddle on rivers that few adventurers have ever been on!
- Upper Chitina River Rafting: Upper Chitina Fly In (Ages 14+) 6-8 Day Expeditions Remote, breathtaking scenery, lots of wildlife, class 3-4+ whitewater
- Tana River Rafting: Tana River Ultimate Alaska Whitewater Expedition, 4-6 Day Expeditions The Tana features some of Alaska’s finest remote, class 4-5, big volume whitewater. This is the ultimate bucket list Alaska river trip for the intrepid adventurer! (Ages 18+)
Alaska River Rafting Safety: Free Drysuits Included, Expert Guides
Your safety is our highest priority, all of our guides are trained in whitewater emergency rescue and wilderness first response, we are the first company in Wrangell St Elias National Park to outfit all of our guests with drysuits, the most effective protective wear for the elements that we encounter in Alaska. They can make all the difference on our Glacial-fed water. Read more on the importance of drysuits here.
Hearty, Fresh Alaska Wilderness Meals
All of our Multi-Day Alaska Wilderness Adventures come packed with loads of fresh and hearty foods, many sourced within Alaska. Fresh grill nights, Dutch Oven masterpieces, snacks and fruits & veggies, even Pizza(!), our meals can be tailored to any diet and highlight many of the finest foods Alaska has to offer. Many of our guests say the culinary menu is one of the best “surprises” of their trip, if we only knew how to capture the smells and ambiance of a riverside meal!